State PSC Focused Daily Current Affairs with Static GK 17 December 2022
1) Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 108 metre-long bronze statue of Sri Nadaprabhu Kempegowda in Karnataka’s Bengaluru.
The bronze statue named “Statue of Prosperity”, was built to commemorate the contribution of Nadaprabhu Kempegowda, the founder of Bengaluru.
CM – Basavaraj Bommai
Governor – Thawarchand Gehlot
Nagarhole National Park
Bandipur National Park
Kudremukh National Park
Language – Kannada
Formation – 1 November 1956
Port – New Mangalore Port
Anshi National Park
Bannerghata National Park
2) Kerala became the first state in India to implement a uniform price of gold across the state by the government.
Anamudi Shola National Park
Eravikulam National Park
Silent Valley National Park
Dukki Dam on Periyar River
Kumarakom National Park
3) Indian boxer Minakshi concluded her maiden Asian Championships campaign by clinching a silver medal in the flyweight division (52kg) in Amman, Jordan.
4) Union Road Transport Ministry has awarded the contract of setting up India’s first multi-modal logistics park (MMLP) at Mappedu in Thiruvallur district of Tamil Nadu to Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL).
5) Pakistan iconic spinner Abdul Qadir, West Indies batting legend Shivnarine Chanderpaul and England’s multiple-time Women’s World Cup winning captain Charlotte Edwards have become the latest additions to the ICC Hall of Fame.
6) Democratic Attorney General Maura Healey has been elected governor of Massachusetts, making history as the nation’s first openly lesbian governor.
7) Two nurses Shashikala Pandey and Ganga Joshi from Kumaon, Uttarakhand have been awarded the National Florence Nightingale Award 2021 by President Droupadi Murmu for “extraordinary devotion to nursing.”
8) India has joined the Mangrove Alliance for Climate (MAC) at the 27th Conference of the Parties (COP27) in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.
9) The ICC board has unanimously re-elected Greg Barclay as the Independent Chair of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a second two-year term .
10) The Ministry of Home Affairs has successfully completed a mother tongue survey with field videography of 576 languages and dialects across the country.
Linguistic Survey of India (LSI) is a regular research activity in the country since the 6th Five Year Plan.
11) The United States’ Department of Treasury has removed India from its Currency Monitoring List.
The United States also removed Italy, Mexico, Thailand and Vietnam from its Currency Monitoring List. India had been on the list for the last two years.
12) India’s ace boxer Alfiya Khan bagged a gold in the 81 plus weight category to continue the dominant show of the Indian women boxers at the Asian Boxing Championship in Amman, Jordan.
13) Indian Navy conducted ‘Prasthan’, a structured exercise to evaluate organisational effectiveness in protecting offshore assets off Mumbai.
The exercise which is conducted every six months aims to integrate the efforts of all maritime stakeholders involved in offshore defense.
14) Renowned mathematician and great scholar Padma Shri Awardee Shri RL Kashyap passed away at the age of 85.
15) India-born Nobel laureate Professor Venki Ramakrishnan has been awarded the prestigious Order of Merit by Britain’s King Charles III in recognition of his distinguished service to science.
16) Madhya Pradesh government implemented the Panchayats Extension to Scheduled Areas (PESA) Act in the state, which aims to preserve the tribal population from exploitation with an active involvement of the Gram Sabhas.
Madhya Pradesh –
CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor – Mangubhai Chhaganbhai
Buddhist Monument at Sanchi
Khajuraho Temple Yashwant Sagar wetlan
WEBSITE : https://geoias.com/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/geoiaskolkata
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/geoias
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/GeoIas
EMAIL ID : email@example.com
TELEGRAM : https://t.me/Geo_Ias
MOBILE APP : https://treeloki.page.link/Rg1u
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/@geoiasupsc
FORONLINE/OFFLINE CLASSES : +91 9477560001, 9477560002