State PSC Focused Daily Current Affairs with Static GK 24 January 2023
1) “Friends of Library” programme has been launched by the Tamil Nadu Government to promote reading.
The project will be helpful to people with disabilities, seniors, kids, and hospital in-patients, among others, who are unable to visit a library.
2) Major General Mohit Seth took over as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Indian Army’s counter-insurgency Kilo Force.
He took over from Major General Sanjiv Singh Slaria who has been moved to Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur.
3) India is ranked at 68th position along with Algeria with the overall score of 58.9. China’s position is at 25th with the score of 74.2.
India was ranked 71st on the Global Food Security (GFS) Index 2021 out of 113 countries.
The 11th Global Food Security Index (GFSI) 2022 report was released by the British weekly The Economist.
4) A Kerala-based organisation, Thanal launched the Ikki Jathre or the Festival of Rice in tribal parlance whereby 300 climate-resilient varieties of traditional rice were planted at Panavally, Wayanad.
5) European Union leaders have recognized Bosnia as a formal candidate for EU membership.
This approval was given during the summit in Brussels (Belgium).
6) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Ko Kaam Karyakram (PMKKK) has now been named as Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan (PM VIKAS) Scheme.
The scheme has been approved by the Cabinet for the period of 15th Finance Commission.
7) The fifth Scorpène submarine, Vagir of Project – 75 Kalvari Class submarines has been delivered to the Indian Navy by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai.
8) Reliance Consumer Products has launched its own consumer packaged goods brand titled “Independence” in the state of Gujarat.
9) Tata Steel Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hockey India to become an Official Partner of the FIH Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 in Bhubaneswar-Rourkela.
10) The Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has won the Platinum Icon in the Digital India Awards 2022 for their initiative “DataSmart Cities: Empowering Cities through Data”.
The award was announced under the ‘Data Sharing and Use for Socio-Economic Development’ category.
11) Agriculture Ministry is hosting a Millet food festival in Parliament for the members to raise awareness about the importance of millet.
The United Nations has passed a resolution declaring the year 2023 as the International Year of Millets (IYM).
12) According to the National Science Foundation (NSF)’s Science & Engineering Indicators 2022 report of the United States, India’s position globally in scientific publications, has improved from seventh position in 2010 to third position in 2020.
13) Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia launched India’s first Green Steel Brand – KALYANI FeRRESTA in New Delhi.
Green steel is the manufacturing of steel without the use of fossil fuels.
14) The 5th edition of Youth Co:Lab, Asia Pacific’s largest youth innovation movement was jointly launched by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog and UNDP India.
15) Parakram Diwas is observed on January 23 on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
Today is the 126th birth anniversary of Netaji.
Government of India designated Netaji’s birthday as Parakram Diwas in 2021.
#India #Ecomony #World #Sports #Daily #Current_Affairs #States #City #World #State_PSC #Static #GK #IAS #UPSC #Prelims #Mains #GeoIAS
WEBSITE : https://geoias.com/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/geoiaskolkata
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/geoias
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/GeoIas
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
TELEGRAM : https://t.me/Geo_Ias
MOBILE APP : https://treeloki.page.link/Rg1u
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/@geoiasupsc
FORONLINE/OFFLINE CLASSES : +91 9477560001, 9477560002