State PSC Focused Daily Current Affairs with Static GK 27 February 2023
1) Justice (retired) S Abdul Nazeer was sworn in as the 24th Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court Justice Prasanth Kumar Mishra administered the oath of office to Nazeer at Raj Bhavan.
2) President Draupadi Murmu presented Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for the years 2019, 2020 and 2021 in New Delhi.
Eight eminent personalities were given Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships in the field of performing arts while 128 artists from the field of music, dance, theatre, traditional, folk and puppetry were awarded with Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards.
3) Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the three-day All-India Taekwondo Championship in New Delhi.
4) India’s Tilottama Sen has won bronze medal in the women’s 10m Air Rifle at ISSF World Cup at Cairo in Egypt.
5) Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched a play-based learning material for children in the age group of three to eight years called “Jaadui Pitara”.
6) Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has passed a resolution to rename the Churchgate railway station in Mumbai after CD Deshmukh, the first governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
The name of the station will be ‘Chintamanrao Deshmukh Station’.
7) Union Minister Nitin Gadkari laid the Foundation Stone of the world’s largest Divyang Park “Anubhuti Inclusive Park” in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
8) The Russian space agency, Roscosmos, has successfully launched a Soyuz spacecraft to bring back three astronauts stranded on the International Space Station (ISS) after their Soyuz capsule sprang a coolant leak.
9) Indian women’s Lawn Bowls team won the gold in the 14th Asian Bowling Championship 2023.
The Indian team defeated hosts Malaysia in a thrilling encounter.
10) Union minister Piyush Goyal approved the Quality Control Order (QCO) for mandatory certification of cotton bales.
11) Sajjan Jindal, Chairman and Managing Director, JSW Group has been named the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 and will now represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) at Monte Carlo in June 2023.
12) Dr. Kanak Rele, a world-renowned dancer and Mohiniyattam exponent, passed away at the age of 85.
13) The Australian government launched the inaugural Maitri Cultural Partnerships, which will encompass a series of partnerships and grants to help the island country’s creative sector collaborate with India’s thriving cultural industries.
14) Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has been selected as external auditor of the International Labour Organization (ILO), Geneva for a four-year term from 2024 to 2027.
15) US President Joe Biden nominated Indian-American business executive Ajay Banga to become president of the World Bank.
#India #Ecomony #World #Sports #Daily #Current_Affairs #States #City #World #State_PSC #Static #GK #IAS #UPSC #Prelims #Mains #GeoIAS
WEBSITE : https://geoias.com/
ONLINE TEST PORTAL : https://testportal.geoias.com/
ONLINE TEST PORTAL APP : http://surl.li/ewbua NOTE :UPDATE THE APP
CLASS ANDROID APP : http://surl.li/ewbth ORG CODE : BWJHQ
CLASS iOS APP : http://surl.li/bajol ORG CODE : BWJHQ
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/geoiaskolkata
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/geoias
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/geo_ias
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
TELEGRAM : https://t.me/Geo_Ias
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/@geoiasupsc
FOR ONLINE/OFFLINE CLASSES : +91 9477560001, 9477560002