State PSC Focused Daily Current Affairs with Static GK 28 February 2023
1) Union Labour Minister Bhupendra Yadav inaugurated the Regional Office of Employees Provident Fund Organization in Alwar, Rajasthan.
2) Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Aspirational Block Programme at the second National Conference of Chief Secretaries in Delhi.
The Aspirational Blocks Programme is on the lines of the Aspirational District Programme that was launched in 2018 and covers 112 districts across the country.
3) Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel organised the traditional festival ‘Chherchera’ at Dudhadhari Math in capital Raipur.
Chherchera festival is celebrated on the full moon night of the Hindu calendar month of ‘Paush’.
4) Indian squash prodigy Anahat Singh clinched the girls Under-15 squash title at the most prestigious British Junior Open tournament in Birmingham.
The 14-year-old defeated Sohaila Hazem of Egypt, 3-1 in the final.
5) Chamoli District Magistrate Himanshu Khurana announced that the Joshimath area of Uttarakhand has been declared disaster-prone, with the increasing land subsidence and cracks detected.
6) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) announced the launch of Low Smoke Superior Kerosene Oil (SKO) for the Indian Army in Jammu.
BPCL has emerged as the first OMC to commence the supply of the new LSLA grade SKO supplies to the Army.
7) Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital have developed an artificial intelligence tool called “Sybil” that can accurately predict the risk of lung cancer in individuals with or without a significant smoking history for up to six years.
8) Karnataka’s heritage cities, Mysore and Hampi are among the 19 places that have been identified under the Swadesh Darshan 2.0 scheme across eight states and union territories of India.
9) Sania Mirza, one of India’s most popular female sportspersons, has announced her retirement.
Sania Mirza became first Indian female Tennis player to win a Grand Slam in 2009, when she won Mixed Doubles title at Australian Open with her compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi.
10) The Uttar Pradesh government has launched a 100-day “Uttar Pradesh Global City” campaign in all 762 urban bodies of the state ahead of the Global Investors Summit and G-20 Summit.
11) The Tripura state government has launched “Saharsh” special education program to promote social and emotional learning.
12) Contemporary Kashmiri poet and the Valley’s only Jnanpith awardee, Professor Rahman Rahi, passed away at the age of 98.
13) Leading steelmaker Jindal Steel & Power has been awarded with the prestigious Golden Peacock Award 2022 for its excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility activities in the Steel Sector.
14) State Bank of India (SBI) has launched e-Bank Guarantee (e-BG) facility in association with National e-Governance Services Ltd (NeSL).
#India #Ecomony #World #Sports #Daily #Current_Affairs #States #City #World #State_PSC #Static #GK #IAS #UPSC #Prelims #Mains #GeoIAS
WEBSITE : https://geoias.com/
ONLINE TEST PORTAL : https://testportal.geoias.com/
ONLINE TEST PORTAL APP : http://surl.li/ewbua NOTE :UPDATE THE APP
CLASS ANDROID APP : http://surl.li/ewbth ORG CODE : BWJHQ
CLASS iOS APP : http://surl.li/bajol ORG CODE : BWJHQ
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/geoiaskolkata
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/geoias
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/geo_ias
EMAIL ID : email@example.com
TELEGRAM : https://t.me/Geo_Ias
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/@geoiasupsc
FOR ONLINE/OFFLINE CLASSES : +91 9477560001, 9477560002