Quiz Questions 7 March 2023
#1. With reference to the New Development Bank (NDB), consider the following statements: 1. New Development Bank has more than 10 member nations 2. India is the second largest shareholder in the NDB 3. NDB does not have any members from North America and South America Which of the Statements given above is/are correct?
- New Development Bank has more than 10 member nations.
- It isincorrect because it has only the founding five members.
- India is the second largest shareholder in the NDB.
- It is incorrect because all five BRICS
- members hold equal shares.
- NDB does not have any members from North America, South America and Africa.
- Brazil is from South America.
- Hence it is incorrect.
#2. With reference to the Constitution of India, consider the following statements: 1. An amendment to the Constitution of India can be called into question by the High Courts in India. 2. As a court of record, the High courts in India has been specifically conferred with the power of review by the Constitution of India. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- An amendment to the Constitution of India can be called into questionby the High Courts in India.
- It is correct.
- Article 226 of the Constitution of India confers the power of Judicial Review on Highcourts.
- Hence the High Courts in India has power to question the Constitutionalamendments passed by the Parliament.
- As a court of record, the High courts in India has been specifically conferred with thepower of review by the Constitution of India.
- The statement is incorrect because theconstitution of India confers such powers specifically for Supreme Court and not for HighCourts.
- Hence statement A alone is correct.
#3. Consider the following pairs regarding wildlife Naturally found in the region: 1. Urial - Arunachal Himalayas 2. Binturong - Sikkim Himalayas 3. Chinkara - Thar Desert Which of the pairs given above are correctly matched?
- Wildlife Naturally found in
- Urial-Ladakh Himalayas
- Binturong-Sikkim Himalayas
- Chinkara-Thar Desert
- Hence 2 and 3 are correctly matched.
#4. Which of the following brings out the ‘Consumer Price Index Number for Agricultural and Rural Labours’?
- Consumer Price Index Number for Agricultural and Rural Labours (Base:1986-87=100) is released by the Labour Bureau, Ministry of Labour.
#5. The tenth schedule was introduced in the constitution of India during the Prime Ministership of:
- The 10th Schedule of the Indian Constitution (which talks about the anti-defection law) is designed to prevent political defections prompted by the lure of officeor material benefits or other like considerations.
- The Anti-defection law was passed byParliament in 1985 and reinforced in 2002.
- The 10th Schedule of the Indian Constitution popularly referred to as the ‘Anti-Defection Law’ was inserted by the 52nd Amendment (1985) to the Constitution
- It was passed during the Prime Ministership of Rajiv Gandhi.
- Hence option C isthe correct answer.
- ‘Defection’ has been defined as, “To abandon a position or association, often tojoin an opposing group”.
- The anti-defection law was enacted to ensure that a party member does notviolate the mandate of the party and in case he does so, he will lose hismembership of the House. The law applies to both Parliament and stateassemblies.
- The Anti-Defection Law aims to prevent MPs from switching political parties forany personal motive.
#6. With reference to the Bond yield, consider the following statements: 1. It is the return an investor gets on that bond or on a particular government security. 2. A rise in bond yields means interest rates in the monetary system have fallen, and the returns for investors have declined. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- Rising yields on government securities or bonds in the United States andIndia have triggered concern over the negative impact on other asset classes, especiallystock markets, and even gold.
- Bond yield is the return an investor gets on that bond or on a particular governmentsecurity.
- The major factors affecting the yield is the monetary policy of the Reserve Bank of India,especially the course of interest rates, the fiscal position of the government and itsborrowing programme, global markets, economy, and inflation.
- A fall in interest rates makes bond prices rise, and bond yields fall — and rising interestrates cause bond prices to fall, and bond yields to rise.
- In short, a rise in bond yields means interest rates in the monetary system have fallen,and the returns for investors (those who invested in bonds and government securities)have declined.
- Hence both statements are correct.
#7. A recent initiative to find solutions for water related challenges “DIWALI” has been developed by India and which of the following country?
- In order to find solutions for water related challenges a platform calledDIWALI has been developed in which India and Netherlands could participate fordesigning solution for water challenges.
- The consortium of experts from the two counties would explore the potential andsustainability of Dutch Solutions to resolve challenges in specific water challenged sitesin India which are scalable, sustainable and affordable.
- It is being led byDutch consortia titled “Water for Change. Integrative and Fit-for-Purpose Water Sensitive Design Framework for Fast Growing Livable Cities” andIIT
- Roorkee as lead along with other consortia member named MANIT, Bhopal; CEPTUniversity, Ahmedabad; IIT Gandhinagar; CWRDM, Calicut.
- Hence, option (b) is the correct answer.
#8. Which of the following country’s first-ever Civil Code came into force on January 1, 2021?
- On January 1, the Chinese government brought into force a new civil code,which legal experts have described as offering greater protection for individual rights.
- Hence, option (d) is the correct answer.
#9. With reference to the Central Revenues Control Laboratory (CRCL), consider the following statements: 1. Central Revenues Control Laboratory (CRCL), New Delhi was recognized as a Regional Customs Laboratory (RCL) of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) for Asia-Pacific Region. 2. Central Revenues Control Laboratory (CRCL) is under the administrative control of GST Council. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- Central Revenues Control Laboratory (CRCL), New Delhi was recognized as a Regional Customs Laboratory (RCL) of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) for Asia-Pacific Region.
- Central Revenues Control Laboratory (CRCL), New Delhi is under the administrativecontrol of Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs.
- With its recognition as RCL, CRCLjoins a select group of Customs Laboratories in the region like those in Japan & Korea.
- The World Customs Organization (WCO), established in 1952 as the Customs Co-operation Council (CCC) is an independent intergovernmental body whose mission is toenhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Customs administrations.
#10. The central employment guarantee council has been constituted under which one of the following Act?
- The 22nd Meeting of the Central Employment Guarantee Council was heldon 23.02.2021 under the Chairmanship of Union Minister of Rural Development.
- The Central Employment Guarantee Council has been constituted under Section 10 ofthe Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (Mahatma GandhiNREGA), 2005.
- In this current financial year 2020-21 under the shadow of COVID-19 pandemic,Mahatma Gandhi NREGS has played its critical role in providing wage employment to thewage seekers.
- A total of 344 crore persondays employment has been generated so far, which is thehighest ever persondays generated so far and around 44% higher than that of last yearduring the same period.
- Hence, option (c) is the correct answer.
You Passed The Quiz!
You Failed The Quiz!
#IAS #UPSC #Stact_PSC #Prelims #Mains #Daily #Questions #Answers #MCQs #Explaination #GeoIAS
WEBSITE : https://geoias.com/
ONLINE TEST PORTAL : https://testportal.geoias.com/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/geoiaskolkata
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/geoias
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/geo_ias
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
TELEGRAM : https://t.me/Geo_Ias
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/@geoiasupsc
FOR ONLINE/OFFLINE CLASSES : +91 9477560001, 9477560002