Quiz Questions 13 March 2023
#1. Amargarh Fort, recently seen in the news, is located in which state:
- Amargarh Fort is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan
#2. Consider the following statements Public Interest Litigation: 1. The concept of PIL has been well defined through a statutory act. 2. The concept of PIL has been borrowed from the United Kingdom. Which of the following statements given above is/are incorrect:
- About Public Interest Litigation:
- The expression ‘Public Interest Litigation’ has been borrowed from American jurisprudence.
- Public interest litigation is not defined in any statute or in any act à But, it has been interpreted by judges to consider the intent of public at large.
- It means litigation filed in a court of law, for the protection of “Public Interest”, such as Pollution, Terrorism, Road safety, Constructional hazards etc.
- Any matter where the interest of public at large is affected can be redressed by filing a Public Interest Litigation in a court of law.
- The first reported case of PIL was Hussainara Khatoon vs. State of Bihar (1979)
- A new era of the PIL movement was heralded by Justice P.N. Bhagawati in the case of S.P. Gupta vs. Union of India.
#3. Consider the following statements regarding Governor in a state: 1. The Governor of a state, once appointed, has a fixed term of 5 years. 2. On President’s discretion, any judge of the High Court of the concerned state can also be appointed as the Governor on a temporary basis when and how the President thinks fit. Which of the following statements given above is/are correct:
- About Governor of a state:
- The Governor of a state has no fixed term à Enjoys office on the discretion of the President/Central Government à Can be removed anytime.
- A person has to be a citizen of India and atleast of 35 years of age to become a Governor.
- Sarkaria Commission à A person appointed as a Governor should be an eminent personality, preferably not from within the local politics of the state.
- One person can be appointed as the Governor/Lieutenant Governor of 2 or more states/Uts simultaneously.
- On President’s discretion, the Chief Justice of the High Court of the concerned state can also be appointed as the Governor on a temporary basis when and how the President thinks fit.
#4. Consider the following statements about Anticipatory Bail: 1. The concept of Anticipatory Bail was introduced in 1973 when Section 338 was introduced into the CrPC. 2. As opposed to ordinary bail, which is granted to a person who is under arrest, in anticipatory bail, a person is directed to be released on bail even before arrest is made. 3. The anticipatory bail can be granted both by the District Court as well as the Sessions Court. Which of the following statements given above is/are incorrect:
- About Anticipatory Bail:
- The concept of Anticipatory Bail was introduced in 1973 when Section 338 was introduced into the CrPC.
- As opposed to ordinary bail, which is granted to a person who is under arrest, in anticipatory bail, a person is directed to be released on bail even before arrest is made.
- The anticipatory bail can be granted only by the High Court and Sessions Court and not the District Court.
- The Supreme Court (SC) in Sushila Aggarwal v. State of NCT of Delhi (2020) case delivered a significant verdict, ruling that no time limit can be set while granting anticipatory Bail and it can continue even until the end of the trial.
#5. . Quantum dots (QDs) are man-made nanoscale crystals that can transport electrons. Potential applications of QDs are which of the following: 1. Quantum Computing 2. Lasers 3. Single-Photon Sources 4. Medical Imaging 5. Second-Hormonic Generation Which of the following statements given above is/are incorrect:
- About Quantum Dots:
- They are semi-conductor particles.
- Usually, they are of a size of a few nano-meters.
- They have optical and electronic properties.
- They have application in fields like single-electron transistors, solar cells, LEDs, lasers, single-photon sources, second-harmonic generation, quantum
computing, cell biology research and medical imaging.
#6. Consider the following statements about Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs): 1. A total of 55 tribes are listed as PVTGs in India. 2. Among the total number of PVTGs, the highest are found in Andhra Pradesh, followed by Odisha. Which of the following statements given above is/are incorrect:
- About PVTGs:
- In 1973, the Dhebar Commission created Primitive Tribal Groups (PTGs) as a separate category, who are less developed among the tribal groups.
- In 1975, the Government of India initiated to identify the most vulnerable tribal groups as a separate category called PVTGs and declared 52 such groups.
- While in 1993, an additional 23 groups were added to the category, making it a total of 75 PVTGs.
- These 75 PVTGs are spread over 18 states and one Union Territory (A&N Islands)
- Among the 75 listed PVTG’s the highest number are found in Odisha (13), followed by Andhra Pradesh (12).
- In 2006, the Government of India renamed the PTGs as PVTGs.
- About PVTGs:
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs implements the Scheme of “Development of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs)” exclusively for them.
- The criteria followed for determination of PVTGs are as under:
- A pre-agriculture level of technology.
- A stagnant or declining population.
- Extremely low literacy.
- A subsistence level of economy.
#7. Consider the following statements regarding Missile Technology Control Regime: 1. It is an informal and voluntary partnership among countries. 2. It was formed by the G-7 countries. 3. It is a legally binding treaty on the members. Which of the following statements given above is/are correct:
- About Missile Control Technology Regime:
- It is an informal and voluntary partnership among 35 countries.
- It is applicable on missiles carring payload greater than 500 kg and for distance greater than 300 km.
- The regime was formed in 1987 by the G-7 industrialized countries (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, and the United States).
- It is not a legally binding treaty on the members.
- India is a member of MCTR.
- China is not a member of MCTR.
#8. Consider the following statements regarding the Draft Drone Rules, 2021: 1. There will be a strict restriction on drone operations by foreign-owned companies registered in India. 2. Pilot licence will be required for all types of drones including the micro drones, to protect the national security and sovereignty of India. Which of the following statements given above is/are correct:
- About Draft Drone Rules, 2021 :
- Interactive Airspace Map will be created dividing the country into green, yellow, and red zones.
- The draft rules reduced the airport perimeter from 45 km to 12 km.
- No flight permissions would be required to fly upto 400 feet in green zones and upto 200 feet in the area between 8 and 12 km from the airport perimeter.
- No pilot licence would be needed for micro drones for non-commercial use, nano drones and for R&D organisations.
- There would be no restriction on drone operations by foreign-owned companies registered in India.
- The coverage has been increased from 300 kg to 500 kg and will cover drone taxis
#9. Consider the following statements regarding Indian Ocean Commission: 1. It is an non-governmental organization that handles maritime governance in western Indian Ocean. 2. India is also a member of Indian Ocean Commission. Which of the following statements given above is/are incorrect:
- About Indian Ocean Commission:
- It is an inter-governmental organization that handles maritime governance in western Indian Ocean.
- It was institutionalized in 1984 by the Victoria Agreement in Seychelles.
- It is composed of five African Indian Ocean nations à Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Réunion (an overseas region of France), and Seychelles.
- The Commission has five observers à China, India, EU, Malta and International Organisation of La Francophonie (OIF).
#10. Which of the following countries is the largest exporter of Soyabean:
- About Soyabean:
- Brazil is the largest exporter of Soyabean globally.
- Whereas, China is the largest importer of Soyabean globally
You Passed The Quiz!
You Failed The Quiz!
#IAS #UPSC #Stact_PSC #Prelims #Mains #Daily #Questions #Answers #MCQs #Explaination #GeoIAS
WEBSITE : https://geoias.com/
ONLINE TEST PORTAL : https://testportal.geoias.com/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/geoiaskolkata
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/geoias
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/geo_ias
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
TELEGRAM : https://t.me/Geo_Ias
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/@geoiasupsc
FOR ONLINE/OFFLINE CLASSES : +91 9477560001, 9477560002